Republican unitary enterprise “National traffic exchange center” (NTEC) was established in accordance with President Decree No.515 of 30 September 2010 ”On some measures for the development of a data network in the Republic of Belarus” with a view of improving the modern infrastructure of data communication network through the introduction of new information and communication technologies in the Republic of Belarus, attracting in this area domestic and foreign investments, to increase the quality and decrease cost of data services.
The company is registered by Minsk City Executive Committee of November 11, 2010 with registration number 191435810. NTEC operates in accordance with license No. 02140/2183 for the provision of telecommunications services, given by the Ministry of Communications and Informatization of the Republic of Belarus. NTEC has rights to join the telecommunication network of foreign countries and transmit international traffic.
Main tasks of the company:
- create connection points to the telecommunication networks of foreign countries and ensure their functionality;
- technical supervision of international traffic transmission and connection to telecommunication networks of foreign countries;
- create information networks, information systems and information resources.
NTEC has right to:
- transmit international traffic and connect to foreign countries’ telecommunication networks, provide other telecommunications services;
- provide the connection to the public telecommunication network and interaction with telecommunication networks, including the Republic of Belarus telecommunication operators' networks, connected to the public telecommunication network.
The company is headed by a Director, which has three deputies – Deputy Director for Technical Affairs, Deputy Director for Commercial Affairs and Deputy Director for Common Affairs. The IT Department, the Telecommunication Systems Development Department and the Information Security Department report to the Deputy Director for Technical Affairs. The Carrier Relations Department reports to the Deputy Director for Commercial Affairs. The Administrative Division, the Logistics Division and the Division for Legal Issues and Interaction with State Bodies report to the Deputy Director for Common Affairs.
In the telecommunication market of the Republic of Belarus NTEC acting in the interest of telecommunication operators, doesn’t provide services to end-users.
The delegation of service “peering” under NTEC control is aimed at the development of an independent national traffic exchange point serving the Belarusian consumers's interests.
A high-speed backbone transport DWDM network has been put into operation in the first quarter of 2013. Now NTEC provides international telecommunication services using DWDM network.
In accordance with the decision of the Operational and Analytical Center and the Ministry of Communications and Informaization of Belarus No. 1/2 of 10 February 2014 NTEC was included in the list of telecommunication operators with the right to transmit internetworking traffic, established under subparagraph 4.6 of paragraph 4 of the decree of the President No. 515 of 30 September 2010 “On some measures for the development of a data network in the Republic of Belarus” Operational and Analytical Center and the Ministry of communications and informatization.